Thoth 0.2.0 has been released. Notable changes in this release include the following:
- Requires Ramaze 2008.06.
- Requires Sequel 2.0.1.
--adaptercommand line option and
server.adapterconfig option to specify a different Ramaze server adapter to use (the default is Thin).
--migratecommand line option to automatically upgrade or downgrade a Thoth database schema.
site.enable_commentssetting. Set this to
falseif you don’t want users to be able to post comments on your blog.
server.enable_minifysetting. When enabled, all CSS under
/jswill be minified on the fly.
- Pagination bars now include links to up to nine nearby result pages in addition to the prev/next links.
- Views are compiled by default in production mode, which improves performance significantly. To disable view compilation, set
- All admin forms validate a session-specific form token on submission to prevent cross-site request forgery attacks.
- The Flickr and Delicious plugins are now included in the main Thoth gem.
- The Flickr and Delicious plugins have been modified to take advantage of Ramaze’s improved value cache rather than handling their own caching.
- Added a Twitter plugin.
- Added a Tags plugin for displaying tag statistics.
- Fixed incorrect default paths for the
- Fixed the
--homecommand line option.
To install Thoth for the first time, run:
gem install thoth
Or, to upgrade an existing Thoth blog:
gem update thoth cd /path/to/blog thoth -d stop thoth --migrate thoth -d start
Note the database migration step, which is necessary to migrate your 0.1.4 database to the 0.2.0 schema. Your existing data will be preserved, but you may want to make a backup first if you’re paranoid.