Books have always been a huge part of my life. I read a lot. And I’m one of those annoying people who’s always throwing books at other people and demanding that they read them. Here, then, in no particular order, is a list of books (and series of books) that I think anyone who calls themselves a geek should read.
- The Great Book of Amber, by Roger Zelazny
- For a Breath I Tarry and 24 Views of Mt. Fuji, by Hokusai (short stories), by Roger Zelazny
- The Vlad Taltos series, Agyar, To Reign in Hell, and everything else by Steven Brust
- Wasp, by Eric Frank Russell
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Starship Troopers, by Robert A. Heinlein
- Cryptonomicon, The Diamond Age, and Snow Crash, by Neal Stephenson
- Gun, with Occasional Music, by Jonathan Lethem
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, by Douglas Adams
- Jumper, by Steven Gould
- Replay, by Ken Grimwood
- The Integral Trees, by Larry Niven
- American Gods, by Neil Gaiman
I’m sure I’ll think of more later.